| Page 46 of 46 |
|
|
Posted: Sun, 13th Sep 2026 15:30 Post subject: |
|
 |
Im quite surprised you went for a normal HDR monitor. Didn't you talk down monitor HDR quality for years?
Personally i'm happy with mine. Sure it's probably not the best of the best, but the colors pop and it looks fantastic. I have a Asus rog QD OLED though.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
LeoNatan
☢ NFOHump Despot ☢
Posts: 75487
Location: Israel
|
Posted: Sun, 13th Sep 2026 15:56 Post subject: |
|
 |
I'm not sure I have, but maybe? By normal, you mean non-OLED?
My issue with consumer OLED monitors (not televisions) is that their color accuracy is really bad, the OLED patterns they use are not very conducive to text oriented work. Professional OLEDs jump in prices greatly, and while much more color accurate, aren't HDR capable at all (or some nonsense such as HDR400 in some Asus ProArt)
So for a very long time, I've been without options. There was the Apple Pro Display R, but that one is a 6 year old technology, 60Hz with few dimming zones and bad blooming. The R displays on Apple's MacBook Pro laptops were a good compromise of 120Hz, competent HDR (1600 nits peak brightness) and acceptable number of dimming zones. The Studio Display R is a big improvement over the laptop monitors, which I was willing to accept. I was actually surprised by low amounts of blooming.
I guess in the past I've disliked consumer level mini LED monitors with abysmal number of dimming zones. I still do, in televisions and monitors.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Frant
King's Bounty
Posts: 24972
Location: Your Mom
|
Posted: Sun, 13th Sep 2026 16:25 Post subject: |
|
 |
It seems QD-OLED is rising up as the new alternative for pro/high level colour accuracy. They're very pricey though.. The ASUS ProArt PA32UCDM starts at ~€1,400 €.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
LeoNatan
☢ NFOHump Despot ☢
Posts: 75487
Location: Israel
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Frant
King's Bounty
Posts: 24972
Location: Your Mom
|
Posted: Mon, 14th Sep 2026 20:31 Post subject: |
|
 |
Oh, right. I did see something about the subpixel layout on the ASUS QD-OLED monitor. I think I read that users said that the severity of text fringing on the PA32UCDM is notably lower than on earlier QD-OLED generations. I wonder if BetterDisplay (windows tool) can alleviate that.
Ultimately you'd have to find the monitors you're interested in so you can use your own eyes to make a judgment, a task that may not be so easy to complete unless you've got a store nearby with a really good assortment of higher level monitors to demo.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
LeoNatan
☢ NFOHump Despot ☢
Posts: 75487
Location: Israel
|
Posted: Mon, 14th Sep 2026 20:47 Post subject: |
|
 |
Exactly why I went with Apple monitor. Even if there are stores that have it, none will have it open on display. It’s just not something done here in Israel.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
LeoNatan
☢ NFOHump Despot ☢
Posts: 75487
Location: Israel
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
Ankh
Posts: 23580
Location: Trelleborg
|
Posted: Fri, 9th Oct 2026 16:12 Post subject: |
|
 |
Anyone know if there are good monitor arms that can reach really high? I would like to have another monitor above my 49" one without getting a new one or change the one the 49" one has.
shitloads of new stuff in my pc. Cant keep track of it all.
|
|
| Back to top |
|
 |
| Page 46 of 46 |
All times are GMT + 1 Hour |