This and the expanse game look so similar to Mass Effect tbh. Both games are stated for 2027 release so that would be a shame; saturated market if SC:SQ42 is also released at the same time. Too many games of the same type kinda takes the fun and enjoyment out, imo at least.
Personally the only ME game I really liked was the first one*, as it still retained some of the classic semi-explorative Bioware DNA, a thick, mysterious atmosphere and novel ideas/concepts for the time that could potentially be expanded by the sequels. Alas, we all know things went differently with ME2 taking the more mainstream cover-based Gears-of-War-y route (which I am not a fan of), though at least it had solid writing - unlike ME3.
* (the original version with MEUITM + ALOT + MERLIN + Recalibrated Patch + Mouse fix in my opinion is better than the official remustarded one)
New games trying to replicate the classic formula do feel disappointing, because (like almost everything else) we're talking about 18-19 years of technical advancements gone to waste with mechanics stuck in a safe, daja vu-ish limbo. Back in 2008 I was dreaming about vast, seamless big-budget sci-fi RPG games of the future with dynamic encounters/factions, engaging C&C and fully explorable planets brimming with surprises - yet here we are, still with cinematic cover shooters, No Men's Sky 7.0, and Starfield.
Personally the only ME game I really liked was the first one*, as it still retained some of the classic semi-explorative Bioware DNA, a thick, mysterious atmosphere and novel ideas/concepts for the time that could potentially be expanded by the sequels. Alas, we all know things went differently with ME2 taking the more mainstream cover-based Gears-of-War-y route (which I am not a fan of), though at least it had solid writing - unlike ME3.
* (the original version with MEUITM + ALOT + MERLIN + Recalibrated Patch + Mouse fix in my opinion is better than the official remustarded one)
New games trying to replicate the classic formula do feel disappointing, because (like almost everything else) we're talking about 18-19 years of technical advancements gone to waste with mechanics stuck in a safe, daja vu-ish limbo. Back in 2008 I was dreaming about vast, seamless big-budget sci-fi RPG games of the future with dynamic encounters/factions, engaging C&C and fully explorable planets brimming with surprises - yet here we are, still with cinematic cover shooters, No Men's Sky 7.0, and Starfield.
I am bored to death with open world games, and instead crave the CRPGs of yesteryear - focused linear stories, where pacing is king, the world is dense, very little filler and loads of choices.
For me, Mass Effect absolutely was one of these games, and I loved it a lot. ME2 I never fancied, but ME3 was still solid for me (yes, ending included).
Andromeda just made me cry.
I always thought Alpha Protocol was much better than ME, when it comes to gameplay and choices.
And then Exodus. I could look past a whole lot of jank and outdated gameplay if the lore, characters and writing were up to par. But every video I have seen, this just seems like woke retarted trash with logical characters nowhere to be seen.
Signature/Avatar nuking: none (can be changed in your profile)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum