fucking Youtube again...
Page 20 of 20 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
FireMaster




Posts: 13800
Location: I do not belong
PostPosted: Thu, 11th Dec 2025 21:48    Post subject:
is it just me or is 1080p the new 360p? It's starting to look like a garbled uber compressed mess. The only way to fix it is to go to 1440p (closer to real 1080p) or 4K but that's only when it's available by the uploader.

There should be an extension that lets you see all truly available streams like on smart tube on TV.

I mean look at this shit Laughing

Back to top
tonizito
VIP Member



Posts: 52191
Location: Portugal, the shithole of Europe.
PostPosted: Thu, 11th Dec 2025 22:50    Post subject:
Surprised Laughing


boundle (thoughts on cracking AITD) wrote:
i guess thouth if without a legit key the installation was rolling back we are all fucking then
Back to top
harry_theone




Posts: 11628
Location: The Land of Thread Reports
PostPosted: Fri, 12th Dec 2025 10:13    Post subject:
Their compression is shit but well obviously 1080p is worse as monitors became better and bigger with larger res. I would prefer to use 1440p+ but youtube buffers that quality like a potato.
Back to top
FireMaster




Posts: 13800
Location: I do not belong
PostPosted: Fri, 12th Dec 2025 16:42    Post subject:
It's not just the res, it's the bit rate that I've noticed is being gradually degraded, which would look like a mess even at 4K if it's low enough. It started when they were pushing "premium bitrate" at 1080p videos.

Compression artifact used to be prominent mostly in fast moving scenes with a lot of details (vegetation, water, particles etc) but well lit and defined live shots usually mitigated this with still shots and lighting that defined edges.

If even still and well lit shots are garbled that tells me they degraded the bitrate even further to save space and bandwidth. That screenshot was 1080p but looked like the bitrate was set to well below 1mb/s which is some 2007 shit. YT going back to its roots I guess Laughing
Back to top
friketje




Posts: 2828

PostPosted: Thu, 16th Apr 2026 21:38    Post subject:
For fuck sake, thanks Brussels

Now when I want to google youtube to acces the site, Google isn't allowed to show you youtube as a result cause of the digital rights act. Cause in the bureaucrats mind: google is abusing it's market position by giving youtube as a result when someone googles youtube.
So I either have to bookmark youtube now or type youtube.com.

First they fucked up the google maps integration in google. And now you can't even google for youtube. The EU is realy improving our lives here.
Back to top
bringiton




Posts: 3944

PostPosted: Thu, 16th Apr 2026 22:07    Post subject:
friketje wrote:
For fuck sake, thanks Brussels

Now when I want to google youtube to acces the site, Google isn't allowed to show you youtube as a result cause of the digital rights act. Cause in the bureaucrats mind: google is abusing it's market position by giving youtube as a result when someone googles youtube.
So I either have to bookmark youtube now or type youtube.com.

First they fucked up the google maps integration in google. And now you can't even google for youtube. The EU is realy improving our lives here.

Still shows up for me if I google "Youtube".

And why would you google Youtube anyway?


“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.”
- Albert Camus
Back to top
madmax17




Posts: 21974
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Thu, 16th Apr 2026 22:18    Post subject:
Laughing no problems here.
Back to top
DXWarlock
VIP Member



Posts: 12436
Location: Florida, USA
PostPosted: Thu, 16th Apr 2026 23:30    Post subject:
bringiton wrote:

And why would you google Youtube anyway?

Same reason some people goto bing and search "Google"


-We don't control what happens to us in life, but we control how we respond to what happens in life.
-Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times. -G. Michael Hopf

Disclaimer: Post made by me are of my own creation. A delusional mind relayed in text form.
Back to top
friketje




Posts: 2828

PostPosted: Fri, 17th Apr 2026 08:04    Post subject:
bringiton wrote:
friketje wrote:
For fuck sake, thanks Brussels

Now when I want to google youtube to acces the site, Google isn't allowed to show you youtube as a result cause of the digital rights act. Cause in the bureaucrats mind: google is abusing it's market position by giving youtube as a result when someone googles youtube.
So I either have to bookmark youtube now or type youtube.com.

First they fucked up the google maps integration in google. And now you can't even google for youtube. The EU is realy improving our lives here.

Still shows up for me if I google "Youtube".

And why would you google Youtube anyway?


Not for me, I get "about youtube" as a result and that's a different portal.

About googling youtube. Type youtube in a prompt and you'll be directed to google search.
And typing youtube.com is less convenient cause i'll have to to use a dot. And why would I use a bookmark, typing youtube in the search bar worked fine for me for years. Off course it's not the end of the world. The thing they did with google maps is way more annoying.

Problem is the logic behind this: why should google not be allowed to show the website youtube as a first result when you search for it. How is google abusing it's "power" by giving the correct result? It will not end here. There is still the app section at the google homepage. Talk about abusing "power".
Back to top
harry_theone




Posts: 11628
Location: The Land of Thread Reports
PostPosted: Fri, 17th Apr 2026 11:54    Post subject:
Not using bookmarks is just dumb lmao

bringiton wrote:


And why would you google Youtube anyway?


Explains a lot about him tbh Laughing
Back to top
friketje




Posts: 2828

PostPosted: Fri, 17th Apr 2026 13:02    Post subject:
harry_theone wrote:
Not using bookmarks is just dumb lmao

bringiton wrote:


And why would you google Youtube anyway?


Explains a lot about him tbh Laughing


I always clear my browser history and I don't use bookmarks. So typing youtube gets me to google. Sure it's an extra click, but that's about it.
Back to top
M4trix




Posts: 9750

PostPosted: Fri, 17th Apr 2026 20:09    Post subject:
friketje wrote:

I always clear my browser history after I have been on p0rn websites whole night


Fixed. Cool Face
Back to top
madmax17




Posts: 21974
Location: Croatia
PostPosted: Fri, 17th Apr 2026 20:31    Post subject:
Back to top
HubU
VIP Member



Posts: 11674

PostPosted: Thu, 1st Oct 2026 22:14    Post subject:
Is it me or since, let's say, a handful of days, people with a variety of ad blockers have a TERRIBLE experience navigating YT?

I mean incredible slowdowns (video loading after ~30s + very high CPU usage even for one tab)?
Nothing else, not one single site I go to gives me such unusual and ridiculous negative performances.

Am I the only one? If not, any workaround?


On ne peut rien gagner sans perdre; même le paradis exige la mort.
Back to top
tonizito
VIP Member



Posts: 52191
Location: Portugal, the shithole of Europe.
PostPosted: Thu, 1st Oct 2026 22:24    Post subject:
No problems here besides the usual shit.
Does it happen using an incognito/whatever window? Or with another browser?
Took me a while but only recently have I found out that the issue of multiple embedded utub videos in a hump thread (*shakes fist at headshot* Mad) slowing my particular browser to a crawl was due to HW accelaration being on. And guess it was agnostic since it happened with both jewvidia and AMDerp, only getting finally solved it by turning HW acceleration off.
Guess you could try that too.


boundle (thoughts on cracking AITD) wrote:
i guess thouth if without a legit key the installation was rolling back we are all fucking then
Back to top
FireMaster




Posts: 13800
Location: I do not belong
PostPosted: Thu, 1st Oct 2026 22:27    Post subject:
google has been doing this for years now; hence the pop up "experiencing interruptions? find out why" popups.

Every so often they release updates that fuck with adblockers or even browsers that aren't chrome. Best one can do is wait for a ublock/whatever update that fixes it or switch to another YT client solutions.

I have ublock and YT is sluggish for me and sometimes videos freeze and start infinite buffering around 30 sec mark as well so it must be a common anti-adblock bullshit on their end.
Back to top
HubU
VIP Member



Posts: 11674

PostPosted: Thu, 1st Oct 2026 22:38    Post subject:
tonizito wrote:
No problems here besides the usual shit.
Does it happen using an incognito/whatever window? Or with another browser?
Took me a while but only recently have I found out that the issue of multiple embedded utub videos in a hump thread (*shakes fist at headshot* Mad) slowing my particular browser to a crawl was due to HW accelaration being on. And guess it was agnostic since it happened with both jewvidia and AMDerp, only getting finally solved it by turning HW acceleration off.
Guess you could try that too.


I'm using regular FF, but with uBlock Origin, Facebook Container, Ghostery and such, but also stuff I do not use on the regulat (Tampermonkey for example).

Maybe it's one of those that went haywire? (like some old ad blockers that ultimately whitelisted some trash?)

Unlike what you said, I seldom have content-heavy tabs with, ie "content" from Cumshot cluttering my shit in general, but I'll check this "HW acceleration" thing since I'm indeed an AMD(esperate).


Thanks, at least I have a lead to go on with Very Happy


On ne peut rien gagner sans perdre; même le paradis exige la mort.
Back to top
HubU
VIP Member



Posts: 11674

PostPosted: Thu, 1st Oct 2026 22:40    Post subject:
FireMaster wrote:
google has been doing this for years now; hence the pop up "experiencing interruptions? find out why" popups.

Every so often they release updates that fuck with adblockers or even browsers that aren't chrome. Best one can do is wait for a ublock/whatever update that fixes it or switch to another YT client solutions.

I have ublock and YT is sluggish for me and sometimes videos freeze and start infinite buffering around 30 sec mark as well so it must be a common anti-adblock bullshit on their end.


Exactly, and it's what I suspect: they can't stop the "fuck your ads" people, so, instead, they try to just make their experience terrible.

No idea if it's the case, though, just feels like it.


On ne peut rien gagner sans perdre; même le paradis exige la mort.
Back to top
HubU
VIP Member



Posts: 11674

PostPosted: Thu, 1st Oct 2026 22:44    Post subject:
One extra thing: when it does the job, you have no access to the comments.

The video goes, but the rest is in perpetual loading limbo.

"Thank god", I said Laughing, but still, it's a symptom of something fucked with the adblockers algo or what?


On ne peut rien gagner sans perdre; même le paradis exige la mort.
Back to top
tonizito
VIP Member



Posts: 52191
Location: Portugal, the shithole of Europe.
PostPosted: Fri, 2nd Oct 2026 00:15    Post subject:
Dunno if it helps. but I also use this:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/405614-youtube-polymer-engine-fixes

It's just some UI fixes though.


boundle (thoughts on cracking AITD) wrote:
i guess thouth if without a legit key the installation was rolling back we are all fucking then
Back to top
HubU
VIP Member



Posts: 11674

PostPosted: Fri, 2nd Oct 2026 01:07    Post subject:
tonizito wrote:
Dunno if it helps. but I also use this:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/405614-youtube-polymer-engine-fixes

It's just some UI fixes though.


Thanks! I installed it and see if the crazy CPU usage can cool it's shit Very Happy

I guess I'll stress-test it tomorrow during the day to see if it helps, so thanks again for the advice Smile


On ne peut rien gagner sans perdre; même le paradis exige la mort.
Back to top
Page 20 of 20 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
NFOHump.com Forum Index - The Bitching Session Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Signature/Avatar nuking: none (can be changed in your profile)  


Display posts from previous:   

Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.8 © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group