Where is the we miss troika thread?
Page 2 of 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2
sabin1981
Mostly Cursed

PostPosted: Wed, 3rd Jun 2009 16:33    Post subject:
Oh it's definitely fluid now mate! Not a single stutter at all and aside from "fabric" effects (like skirts or hair) there's been no physics or animation glitches either. At least now when someone is looking at you, their eyes track properly - and don't jump around in their skull Very Happy
Mister_s

PostPosted: Wed, 3rd Jun 2009 18:32    Post subject:
So no GFX mods I assume Sad. Too bad.
lhzr

PostPosted: Wed, 3rd Jun 2009 19:03    Post subject:
it doesn't need any.
Mister_s

PostPosted: Wed, 3rd Jun 2009 20:04    Post subject:
The animations look really bad imo.
Mental_Hippie

PostPosted: Sat, 6th Jun 2009 18:08    Post subject:
Mister_s wrote:
The animations look really bad imo.

If you with that mean "the facial animations look bad" you are an idiot. Otherwise I'd somewhat agree, if nothing else the animations are very uneven. Sadly, I always had a hard time enjoying the game since I can't stop associating the setting with emo wristslitting drama queens, even though I know it's a very good game.

And yes, too much Bloodlines, too little Arcanum in here. Definitely one of my fav RPGs ever, and the steampunk setting kicks as. As Perdurab already mentioned, the unofficial patch at rpgcodex.net fixes a lot of stuff, and I even think there's a resolution mod around there somewhere.
kazemaky

PostPosted: Sat, 6th Jun 2009 18:32    Post subject:
face animations are good mostly, but sometimes they change too abruptly which looks weird.I really dislike how bodies react to a beating. Seems like the same as people getting hit by a car in vice city.

i5-3570k @4.4gHz, MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4g OC'd, MSI z77a-g45, Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz, Corsair TX650 PSU, Crucial M4 128gb, WD 1.5 TB HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD, LG 27MB85R-B 1440p
RSI name: ctulu
Epsilon
Dr. Strangelove

PostPosted: Thu, 11th Jun 2009 15:49    Post subject:
www.terra-arcanum.com is a community for all the Troika games.
There you can find mods and discussions concerning these gems.
Hierofan
Banned

PostPosted: Sun, 5th Jul 2009 10:55    Post subject:
Epsilon wrote:
www.terra-arcanum.com is a community for all the Troika games.
There you can find mods and discussions concerning these gems.

there's even a fix for bigger resolutions there , damn , i do love steampunk

anyway , i started listening to Bloodlines's soundtrack and it's kinda great , liscence music isnt that good or to my kinda stuff , but the score is really good .

Amer_MerzZz

PostPosted: Sun, 5th Jul 2009 11:09    Post subject:
I absolutely love both Arcanum and Bloodlines and have them installed and fully patched on both of my computers. These games are brilliant(though each of them needs the unofficial patches. Drog Black Tooth and the guy who made the Bloodlines uop(Wisp?) really saved my day)

No, we have no bears on the streets here in Russia.
Ispep
VIP Member

PostPosted: Sun, 5th Jul 2009 11:54    Post subject:
I have trouble with Arcanum running smoothly personally. It works fine to begin with but it's like there is a memory leak as the more I play the more sluggish it becomes. It gets to be a real headache later on with the inventory system and such... does sort of deter you from playing as you need to restart the game to get any kind of fluidity back.

Hierofan
Banned

PostPosted: Fri, 10th Jul 2009 23:26    Post subject:
another studio that i'm sorry closed a long time ago was Looking Glass , i mean Thief , System Shock , those are like the SHIT .

i'm not sorry about Ion storm tho , they wanted to do a modern version of Thief for Thief 4,hope they wont continue with the idea..

sabin1981
Mostly Cursed

PostPosted: Wed, 26th Aug 2009 15:45    Post subject:
The Ion Storm we know and loved is long gone, sadly Sad Smaller, more interesting, software houses - the ones that made the truly epic titles - are either dissolved or swallowed up by conglomerate bullshit like EA and Craptivision Sad
dezztroy

PostPosted: Wed, 26th Aug 2009 20:48    Post subject:
I have to say, EA is getting a little bit better. Activision is worse. Doesn't mean I don't hate them both though.
sabin1981
Mostly Cursed

PostPosted: Wed, 26th Aug 2009 23:30    Post subject:
Dead Space showed that EA really CAN make a stunning game, if they try hard enough. Craptivision just get worse and worse, though Sad
lhzr

PostPosted: Wed, 26th Aug 2009 23:35    Post subject:
sabin1981 wrote:
Craptivision just get worse and worse, though Sad

plus they sued doublefine over brutal legend Neutral

btw, the thing seems to have ended (in df's favour): http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=24750 Very Happy
PumpAction
[Schmadmin]

PostPosted: Wed, 26th Aug 2009 23:37    Post subject:

Did you just came back to ressurect each and every single thread where you posted in? Laughing

and yeah this is totally offtopic Cool Face

=> NFOrce GIF plugin <= - Ryzen 3800X, 16GB DDR4-3200, Sapphire 5700XT Pulse
sabin1981
Mostly Cursed

PostPosted: Wed, 26th Aug 2009 23:42    Post subject:
PumpAction wrote:

Did you just came back to ressurect each and every single thread where you posted in? Laughing

and yeah this is totally offtopic Cool Face

Actually no, lol, I *planned* on it -- but after seeing the ridiculous volume of new threads, I just though "Fuck THAT!" and decided to just post in threads on the first two pages Laughing
Kommando

PostPosted: Thu, 27th Aug 2009 06:37    Post subject:
sabin1981 wrote:
One of my own making. True story too.

*reinstalling as we speak*

That chick is sooooooooooooooo fuckin hot, met her a few times and it was love at first sight..well on my end Laughing
Parallax_
VIP Member

PostPosted: Thu, 27th Aug 2009 08:08    Post subject:
sabin1981 wrote:
Dead Space showed that EA really CAN make a stunning game, if they try hard enough. Craptivision just get worse and worse, though Sad

What was so kick ass about Dead Space? First couple of levels I though, yeah this is awesome. Then reality kicks in; gameplay wise it's quite horrid. It's a linear-linear action game (not much horror after one quickly gets used to all the cheap triggers). Doesn't deviate from the formula of so many older games. I played through about halfway of the game, then couldn't stand it anymore. Not too much to say about story or graphics either. Overhyped really.

For the publishers, it's all profits first, everything else second.

Upcoming PC games 2009 and onwards
Bravery is not a function of firepower.
sabin1981
Mostly Cursed

PostPosted: Thu, 27th Aug 2009 12:55    Post subject:
Kommando wrote:

That chick is sooooooooooooooo fuckin hot, met her a few times and it was love at first sight..well on my end Laughing

Mate, you and I eat from the same trough Very Happy She's a fuckin' CUTIE! Plus it always helps that she's batshit insane, hehehe.

Malkavians FTW!

Parallax_ wrote:

What was so kick ass about Dead Space? First couple of levels I though, yeah this is awesome. Then reality kicks in; gameplay wise it's quite horrid. It's a linear-linear action game (not much horror after one quickly gets used to all the cheap triggers). Doesn't deviate from the formula of so many older games. I played through about halfway of the game, then couldn't stand it anymore. Not too much to say about story or graphics either. Overhyped really.

For the publishers, it's all profits first, everything else second.

I'm sorry, but we're going to have to disagree (the lovely protective bubble of personal preference Razz) I thought the game was a refreshing and engaging sci-fi action title that had some truly System Shock-esque creeps and scares in it.

The graphics are fantastic, with nicely detailed textures, great light-sourcing, incredible enemy/weapon designs - and a fantastic atmosphere overall. There are a number of things in this game that made my jaw drop the first time I saw them, first being the most apt -- the very first thing you see; the approach to the Ishimura.

Audio was absolutely top-notch with fantastic, believable, voice-acting (though annoying to see yet another protagonist being mute). The sound effects were creepy as all hell, especially the audio-logs (I'm sorry, but if hearing an audio-log about a guy leaving a loving message to his wife before cutting his own limbs off, doesn't chill you - then you're sadly too jaded to have ever enjoyed the game anyway) and the ambient sounds were spectacular, truly adding the overall creep factor.

Gameplay was, again; in my own opinion which you cannot change, incredible. There haven't been many games released over the last year or so that have managed to keep me playing from start to end. Dead Space has accomplished that three times now, and I'm working on a fourth. The combat felt nice and refreshing, with the idea of severing limbs being a great one -- and I especially loved the free-roam nature of the game, while at the same time keeping you on track (you call it linear; I call it immersive. Tomatoes, Tomatos)

You may not agree, and that's your prerogative, but I - and thousands of others - disagree with you.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/deadspace?q=dead%20space
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/deadspace?q=dead%20space

Dead Space was, and always will be, fantastic. It was a truly enjoyable game and I long for the sequel. It wasn't perfect, but it was awesome.
Kommando

PostPosted: Thu, 27th Aug 2009 16:57    Post subject:
sabin1981 wrote:
Kommando wrote:

Mate, you and I eat from the same trough Very Happy She's a fuckin' CUTIE! Plus it always helps that she's batshit insane, hehehe.

Malkavians FTW!

I first saw her at Gencon when she sign me a poster of VBL, i had run to the bathroom to hide my "exitment" Very Happy
sabin1981
Mostly Cursed

PostPosted: Thu, 27th Aug 2009 17:40    Post subject:
I don't blame you Very Happy Grey is one helluva cutie! <3
JahLux
Banned

PostPosted: Fri, 28th Aug 2009 23:34    Post subject:
who is she?
sabin1981
Mostly Cursed

PostPosted: Fri, 28th Aug 2009 23:57    Post subject:
Grey Delisle

She did the voice for the Malkavian nutjob cutie in Bloodlines Very Happy
Kommando

PostPosted: Sat, 29th Aug 2009 00:44    Post subject:
sabin1981 wrote:
Grey Delisle

She did the voice for the Malkavian nutjob cutie in Bloodlines Very Happy

WRONG!!!! Laughing

She's Erin Layne, a Underground/Goth Top Model. She's also the singer of the band Mad Infinitum. They took her real appearance for the game as showed on the pics.

sabin1981
Mostly Cursed

PostPosted: Sat, 29th Aug 2009 00:59    Post subject:
I thought you were talking about the VA, lmao!! Oops? Still, Grey is a cutie too --- and that Goth chick is fucking SMOKING! Very Happy
Kommando

PostPosted: Sat, 29th Aug 2009 02:13    Post subject:
sabin1981 wrote:
I thought you were talking about the VA, lmao!! Oops? Still, Grey is a cutie too --- and that Goth chick is fucking SMOKING! Very Happy

She was dressed like that the first time i saw her...now you can understand why i had to run to the bathroom to hide my "exictment" Laughing Laughing Laughing
sabin1981
Mostly Cursed

PostPosted: Sat, 29th Aug 2009 02:27    Post subject:
Believe me, I really do Laughing
Interinactive
VIP Member

PostPosted: Sun, 7th May 2023 00:40    Post subject:
Page 2 of 2 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
NFOHump.com Forum Index - Golden Oldies Goto page Previous  1, 2
Signature/Avatar nuking: none (can be changed in your profile)  

Jump to: